Single Women Buying Alone
Record numbers of single women are buying homes. If you're a single woman who wants to buy a house, the good news is the market is wide open for you. The stats from the Joint Center for Housing Studies say:
More than one in five home buyers is a single woman.
Twice as many unmarried women are buying homes than single men.
Single women make up more than one-third of the growth in real estate ownership since 1994.
Top Three Reasons Unmarried / Single Women Buy a Home
Strong desire to own her own home.
Need more space or want smaller home.
Relocate closer to job, school or family.
Trends for Single Women Home Buyers
- 3 out of 4 women spend less than $300,000.
- Prefer 2 bedrooms or more.
- Less likely to choose new construction.
- Buy in city over suburban areas.
- Want access to Public Transit. (TTC)
- Will compromise size & cost to get other amenities.
- Will not compromise on location or quality of neighbourhood.
- Prefer condominiums with well run owner's groups over single family homes.
- Smaller spaces are acceptable.
- Desire security and / or gated access.
- Like to engage in social interaction with neighbours.
- Want close proximity to stores, shopping and fitness centers
Real Women Who Buy Real Homes
Women home buyers come in all sizes, shapes and ages.
They are divorced, never married, separated, widowed; some have children, others live with friends or partners and many live alone. Add your stories of interesting women home buyers, with names changed, of course.
Source Single Women Are Buying Homes
Download complete Mortgage terminology pdf right here. Site sign up will instantly send you this 12 page Legal Report. Condominium Ownership and What you need to know! Lets Go Shopping for your Propertunity!
Send your own stories to David@DavidPylyp.com Of course, if you would like to join this group of single shoppers and the Propertunity that currently is Toronto Real Estate and the west end of Toronto, give me a call at 647 218 2414 or 905 361 3387.